Nuk Silicone Nipple Shields Lge 24mm
Breastfeeding allows you and your baby to get to know each other particularly well and to experience a feeling of closeness. However, sometimes breastfeeding is difficult due to irritated or inflamed nipples. In such situations, the NUK breast shield can help because it relieves the sensitive nipples during breastfeeding and at the same time allows calm and natural sucking. This way you can continue to give your little darling valuable breast milk and maintain an intensive bond with your child.
- Storage Container
- Protecting sensitive nipples as you breastfeed
- Wafer-thin silicone for flexible comfort
- Optimised shape for more skin contact and natural breastfeeding feel
- With different surface structures and four drinking openings - for a natural drinking feeling
- Secure in any breastfeeding position
- Size L = large (24mm diameter opening)
- 2 per pack
The baby can feel and smell its parent and the intense bond that develops during breastfeeding is not disturbed. The NUK breastfeeding shield’s different surface structures and the four drinking openings are modelled on the parent’s breast and thus enable a natural and calm drinking sensation. NUK Nipple Shields, made of gossamer-thin silicone, relieve the sensitive nipples during breastfeeding and also help babies with weak suction to grip their parent’s breasts better.
For flat or inverted nipples, the NUK Nipple Shield can contribute to pleasant breastfeeding and a natural flow of water. Please also consult your midwife or breastfeeding advisor for good advice.
How to put on the NUK breastfeeding shield correctly:
To find the right size for you, you should ask yourself a few questions in advance: Does the breast attachment feel comfortable to wear? Does the nipple fill the hollow space of the shield? Do the baby's lips completely surround the attachment? If you can answer these questions with "yes", you have found the right size for your Nipple Shield and can start using it. You should follow these steps so that your baby can enjoy their drink:
- Before using the Nipple Shield, you should wash your hands thoroughly and clean the breast with a damp cloth.
- The grip of the NUK Nipple Shields can be increased by slightly moistening them with water or breast milk.
- For an optimal position on the nipple, pull the contact surfaces of the cone towards the tip to be able to place it easily in the middle; then you can put the contact surfaces back and align them according to the desired breastfeeding position.
- After each application, you should clean the breast with water to remove milk residues and thus avoid germs.
How to clean and store the nipple shield
After using the Nipple Shield for breastfeeding, it is best to clean it immediately with warm water and a gentle rinse aid. Afterwards, it can dry in a hygienic environment. You should disinfect or boil the breast shield daily. This can be done in the NUK steam steriliser conveniently and easily within a few minutes. Cover the shield completely with water to avoid damage and boil it quickly. If looked after hygienically, the breast attachment can be used several times.
The supplied storage box is suitable for subsequent storage. It is recommended to place the nipple shield in the lid of the box and subsequently close the box. This prevents the nipple shield from being clamped.